Today we sorted lots of pictures...
Our question was....
Is it a solid?
Is it a liquid?
Is it a gas?
|Is paper a solid,liquid or gas?|
|Is it a solid, liquid or gas?|
|Is juice a solid, liquid or gas?|
|It is a liquid. |
Is ice a solid, liquid or gas?
It is a solid but when it melts
it is a liquid.
· Solids stay in one place and can be held.
· Solids keep their shape. They do not flow like liquids.
· Solids always take up the same amount of space. They do not spread out like gases.
· Solids can be cut or shaped.
Liquids can flow or be poured easily. They are not easy to hold.
Liquids change their shape depending on the container they are in.
· Gases are often invisible.
· Gases do not keep their shape or always take up the same amount of space.
- They spread out and change their shape to fill up whatever container they are in.
· Gases can be squashed.